Global Action is looking to hire a part-time communications specialist to help us tell inspirational stories about our work around the world. This job would be ideal for a freelance writer or a graduate student seeking meaningful, part-time work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the creation of a monthly email communication piece.
- Serve as the content writer for our annual appeals.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy to help us increase our digital reach and engagement.
- Oversee the development of our blog and generate engaging, original content.
- Serve as the content writer for our key annual vision piece.
- Create a visually appealing Annual Ministry Report for our donors to report on the impact of their giving.
- Keep our website up-to-date with engaging content, visually appealing images, and effective use of SEO.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to create content and tell compelling stories for an interdenominational mission organization that works in various regions globally.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to produce high-quality content that does not require much editing or proofreading by other staff members.
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally with our global team members.
- Significant experience in freelance writing preferred.
- Some prior knowledge of world Christianity and missions preferred.
- Ability to use computer programs like MailChimp, Canva, Zoom, Hootsuite, etc.
- Growth mindset and openness to constructive feedback.
Interested parties should send an updated résumé and 3 recent writing samples to Bailey Bada at firstname.lastname@example.org. Writing samples on topics related to Christianity or world missions are preferred but not required.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2023