Global Action is an inter-denominational Christian ministry based in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA, as a not-for-profit charity under IRS code section 501(c)(3). Global Action receives its funding from individual donors, foundations and churches that support what God is doing through the ministry. All gifts are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Support received beyond what is needed for any one specific project will be used for other Global Action programs approved by the Board of Directors. We are committed to the highest standard of stewardship excellence and strive to be responsible in our management of funds, truthful in our advertising, and cost-effective in our fund-raising. We desire to see every dollar used to its fullest for program ministries around the world.
Occasionally, donations are made in error, made for the wrong value or a recurring donation needs to be modified. If there is any problem with a donation that was made, please contact our Colorado office at 1.719.528.8728. Funds received towards a Global Action’s short term mission trips are non-refundable in all cases, due to IRS stipulations regarding tax deductible contributions and receipting. If a cancellation occurs, any money remaining following the deduction of airline costs and administrative fees can be held over for one calendar year to be used toward another Global Action outreach.
Information We Collect About You
General: When you subscribe to or otherwise use the Service, sign up to receive emails from us, and at other times, we may ask you to provide us with certain categories of personal information. Personal information is information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as your name, date of birth, age, gender, occupation, industry, interests, e-mail address(es), physical address, telephone number(s), profession, facts about your computers and other devices through which you access the Service, any information we receive from the applicable third parties when you register or otherwise interact with the Service by means of Facebook or other social media, and similar information (collectively, to the extent we collect it from time to time, “Personal Information”). We may collect this information through various forms and in various places, including account registration forms, contact us forms, or when you otherwise interact with us.
Children Under the Age of Thirteen: We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen. By providing any Personal Information to us, you represent and warrant to us that you are at least thirteen years of age. If you are under the age of thirteen, we require that you do not provide any Personal Information to us. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen, please contact us at email@example.com so that we may delete that information from our systems.
Credit card information: The credit card information you provide when you subscribe to the Service or renew your subscription is stored and used by our third party credit card processors in order for them to process your subscription payments. Our credit card processors are fully responsible for the protection of your data and the security of it by complying with all PCI requirements and online processing regulations.
Surveys: We may conduct occasional online surveys. We collect information about your participation in and responses to these surveys (“Survey Information”). For example, when you are within our web sites, you may see a pop-up window offering you the optional opportunity of participating in a survey. These surveys are voluntary and you may decline to participate.
Usage Information: We automatically collect IP addresses, web site usage information and other technical information regarding your interaction with the Service from you when you visit our web sites (“Usage Information”). This information helps us evaluate how our visitors and subscribers use and navigate our web sites on an aggregate basis, including the number and frequency of visitors and subscribers to each web page, the length of their visits, the web browser version they use, and any publications or other information that they download.
Community Forums: Our Service may include community or user forums, or similar features (each a “Forum”) that are designed to be visible to other users and participants, including your screen name or other identifying information, as well as comments or other information that you may post on a Forum. By using any Forum, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions we have posted for such Forum, and you consent to the disclosure of your screen name (if a screen name is permitted or used in the applicable Forum, or if not, your actual name), identifying information and comments or other information that you may post on the Forum. We are not responsible for any Personal Information that you may choose to post in any Forum.
Conferences and Other Events: We may invite you to, or you may otherwise participate in, video or telephonic conferences, webinars, or other live or recorded events that we offer. We may share any information you provide when signing up for any such event with other sponsors of the event.
Testimonials: We display personal testimonials of satisfied constituents on our web sites from time to time. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contests, Drawings and Sweepstakes: We collect Personal Information from you when you participate in contests, drawings, sweepstakes and other special offers. If this information is also being collected by or shared with a third party other than Global Action, we will notify you at the same time. If you do not want to provide any Personal Information, you should not participate in the contest, drawing, sweepstakes and other special offer.
Technical Information: We also collect certain technical information, as described below under the heading “Additional Technical Information We May Collect.”
How We Use the Information Collected
Our primary goal in collecting your Personal information, Survey Information and Usage Information is to provide you with an enhanced experience when using the Service. We may use information about you, including Personal Information, Survey Information and Usage Information, in the following ways:
- We may use information about you for the purposes for which you specifically provided the information including, for example: to enable us to process, validate and verify subscriptions; to send you e-mail notifications about our new or existing products and services, special offers, or to otherwise contact you; to send you e-mail notifications, through companies who work on behalf of Global Action, about certain approved third-party products and services (unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the Personal Information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us); to enhance existing features or develop new features, products and services; to provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns; to allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences; to enable you to participate in contests, drawings, sweepstakes or other special offers.
- We may combine the information that we collect from you with information that you provide to us in connection with our other products, services and web sites, including marketing those products, services and sites to you.
- You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your user preferences and contact information provided as part of subscription registration. If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire our Service, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change in your profile on-line, or by contacting us by email at email@example.com. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable.
- We will retain your Personal Information, Survey Information and Usage Information for as long as your account with the Service is active and as needed to provide you the Service. Even after your account is terminated, we will retain your Personal Information, Survey Information and Usage Information as needed to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, conclude any activities related to cancellation of an account (such as addressing charge backs from your credit card companies), investigate or prevent fraud and other inappropriate activity, to enforce our agreements, and for other business reasons as we deem appropriate.
- At times Global Action may use third party network advertisers to deliver ads to you on our behalf. We may also use third-party service providers to contact you on our behalf, or facilitate some aspects of the Service or fulfill your purchase requests. These network advertisers and service providers may be supplied with or have access to your Personal Information solely for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- We may also disclose or use your Personal Information when we believe that the law requires us to do so. For example, we may be obligated to release your Personal Information pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or other orders. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. Thus, we may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your Personal Information including disclosure to third parties such as government or law enforcement officials or private parties, as we reasonably determine is necessary and appropriate: to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process; to protect the safety, rights, property or security of Global Action, the Service, or any third party; to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity. Further, we may use IP addresses or other unique identifiers for computers, tablets, smartphones or other devices used to access the Service, to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with third parties such as copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers and/or law enforcement agencies, including disclosing such information to third parties, all in our discretion.
- We contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf, including credit card and billing processing, ad serving, email distribution, list processing and analytics or promotions management. We provide these companies only with the information they need to perform their services. These service providers are restricted from using your Personal Information in any way other than to provide services for us, except for certain anonymized, aggregated statistical data.
- We may share your information, including your Personal Information, Survey Information and Usage Information, with our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Service, or in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process.
Any and all of the foregoing disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
Information for Persons Located Outside the United States
If you are located anywhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including, Personal Information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States and possibly other countries. The data protection laws in the United States or those other countries may differ from those of the country in which you are located (and may be less protective of your Personal Information than the country in which you are located). Your Personal Information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States or those other countries according to laws of the United States or those other countries. By using the Service or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States or those other countries.
Global Action’s Commitments
Global Action is committed to achieving and maintaining customer trust. Integral to this mission is providing a robust security and privacy program that carefully considers data protection matters.
Global Action also commits to cooperate with European Union (EU) data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to customer data and human resources data transferred from the EU. Global Action is required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Global Action commits to inform its subscribers in the event of an information request regarding their Personal Information.
Global Action has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy complaints concerning human resources and non-human resources data transferred from the EU. In certain circumstances, individuals may be able to invoke binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield panel if the dispute has still not been resolved.
Your Privacy Rights Under California Law
California law permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Technical Information We May Collect
Device Information: We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile device or other device you use to access the Service, such as IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information.
Analytics, Log Files and Reading History: We may gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses (the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the Internet), browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of the Service, including a history of the pages you view.
Security: Our website uses all the features of secure browsing and secure browsing protocols. The Personal Information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain commercially reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your Personal Information. However, no security technology or system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our systems or databases, nor can we guarantee that your information will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet or wireless communication.
Other Information: We (directly, or through third parties that support our distribution of emails and related matters) use a variety of technical means, which may include, but are not limited to, pixels, cookies or transparent GIF files, to help manage online advertising. One or more of our advertising management partners may provide these files. These files enable Global Action and those partners to recognize a unique cookie or other script associated with or on your web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our web sites. The information that we collect and share through such means is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number or email address.
Global Action provides its users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from Global Action and its partners. To remove your information from our database, to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our Service, please send an e-mail request to: email@example.com.
Correcting/Updating Your Information
You can change or modify information you previously provided to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments and Questions
Chief Compliance Officer Global Action
P.O. Box 26678
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
You can also email us at email@example.com
We employ cookies at Global Action to, among other things, allow you to move quickly through the Service. Below you will find information describing Global Action’s most common uses of cookies, which are an inherent part of our production, communication and distribution processes and have enabled us to better serve our users.
What Is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file that is sent to your computer by a site’s server. A cookie can be a record of your visit to our web sites, including information such as your user name, registration information, time of last visit, pages viewed, etc. Cookies created by the servers of one site can be retrieved only by that site’s servers.
Some Advantages of Cookies
Using cookies provides some advantages. Here are are several of them:
- Faster, more convenient access. We can deliver customized information and store your settings (such as preferences and account information) more efficiently.
- More efficient ad processing. Cookies enable us to streamline our ad presentations.
- Will the cookies Global Action sends to your devices go away? Some cookies are long term. Some cookies expire after a short period of time. Cookies are small files (just a few hundred bytes) and should not pose any significant disk-space concerns. You are, of course, free to clear cookies from your devices at any time.
- Can you set your browsers to not accept cookies or to alert you each time you receive one? Most browsers can be set to alert users each time a cookie is passed to the applicable device.
Changes to This Policy
Contacting the Webmaster
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, use our contact form.