How We’re Responding
Updated March 19, 2020
In the midst of these uncertain times, our team at Global Action invites you to join us in turning to the Word of God for encouragement. Our verse in this season is I Corinthians 15:58: “Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.” We are committed to remaining steadfast.
One of the things that is unique about Global Action is that most of our team members are serving in difficult places—Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe. They actually live and work in those places—and they depend on our faithful generosity to continue serving pastors, ministries and churches. Right now they need us more than ever before. So here is how we are responding:
- We are prioritizing the safety and health of all our team members in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
- We are complying with all guidelines distributed by the World Health Organization (WHO) for our international ministries.
- We are keeping our commitments to support the staff and their families who rely on our generous support.
- We are leveraging all technology at our disposal to minister to pastors and ministry leaders in difficult places who have been affected by COVID 19.
- We are working with our global team to assess how we can come to the aid of pastors, ministry leaders, and churches in the most difficult regions of the world.
We will continue to update you during these changing times. Like you, we are learning to make adjustments. But through it all, we are committed to remaining steadfast in our mission. We ask you to remain steadfast with us. Your partnership with Global Action has helped prepare churches in the most vulnerable places in the world for such a time as this. They need you now more than ever before. Thank you for your faithful and generous support.
For the Kingdom,
Dr. Rick Thomson, President Give Hope
Dr. Lionel Young, Executive Vice President